In our daily lives, we are always hopeful to find that perfect shampoo, hair oil, or hair mask that will effectively address our hair problems while being affordable and free from harmful chemicals. And in today's world, we all have the opportunity to choose products that are natural and beneficial for our bodies and hair. That one amazing hair care product that we can confidently use, knowing it is free from harmful chemicals and fits perfectly within our budget, and camphor is your go-to solution! Camphor for hair care is a fantastic plant-derived compound that promotes a healthy scalp and helps you achieve stunningly strong and shiny hair!
According to Ayurveda, camphor, or 'Karpura, is a special herb that helps balance kapha and pitta doshas, which can contribute to improving conditions such as dandruff, oily scalp, hair follicle damage, and hair loss. For generations, people have turned to it as a remedy for anything from toothaches to skin irritation to insect stings. Even Grandma must have told you about camphor benefits for hair. At the end of this post, you will know how to use this miraculous substance in your regular hair care routine.
7 Benefits of Camphor For Hair: DIY Recipes
Camphor for hair has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine and Indian Ayurvedic medicine for its many skin, hair, and health advantages. Recent studies have shown that applying camphor to the scalp can help alleviate itching, prevent dryness, and ward off infections and other hair problems. It is additionally believed to enhance blood circulation, which can contribute to promoting scalp health with regular use. Here are 7 amazing camphor benefits for hair along with some easy DIY recipes to help you make the most of it!
- Hair Root Strengthening
One of the lesser-known benefits of camphor for hair is it can potentially strengthen hair roots! The use of camphor provides necessary nutrients that nourish and strengthen the hair, therefore a homemade mixture containing camphor can be useful for boosting hair root strength.
- Camphor Tablet
- Mix the yogurt and camphor powder in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
- Promote Hair Growth
Home remedies can be beneficial for promoting hair growth, and camphor is believed to have positive effects on both the skin and hair. Some claim that combining camphor oil with specific essential oils can enhance hair growth. Using camphor oil for hair and scalp will keep your hair and scalp from drying out. It softens coarse hair, improves the overall texture, and also helps prevent split ends and hair breakage.
- Camphor Tablets
- Coconut Oil
- Warm the coconut oil and add the bhringraj and amalaki.
- Allow the oil to cook down until all of the substance has settled to the bottom.
- Turn off the heat and drop in a couple of camphor tablets or an equal amount of powder.
- Keep the mixture covered and set it aside to cool.
- If you want thick, beautiful hair, strain the oil and massage it into your hair and scalp at least three or four times a week.
- Hair Loss
Camphor for hair loss is a great detoxifier for the scalp and also serves as a cleaning agent. It prevents the scalp from being exposed to dirt, germs, and free radicals. Camphor's anti-inflammatory and circulatory properties make it an ideal scalp massage oil for preventing and treating hair loss.
- To prepare, start by heating 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Then, add 1-2 camphor tablets to the heated oil.
- After the tablet has melted, combine it with a mixture of vata and gunja powders.
- To use this hair pack, make a paste and apply it to your scalp. After letting it sit for 30 minutes, wash it off.
- You can repeat as often as necessary.
- Hair Texture Improvement
Camphor can be beneficial in addressing common hair concerns. Its moisturizing properties help in achieving soft and silky hair. When applied to the hair, camphor can assist in controlling dryness, split ends, and breakage. Additionally, benefit of camphor for hair care also promotes improved blood circulation, which in turn cools the scalp as blood rushes to the hair follicles. This enhanced blood flow can contribute to healthier-looking hair.
- Sesame/ Jojoba Oil
- Heat sesame or jojoba oil and then add 6-8 hibiscus flowers.
- Cover the container and let it sit until the colour of the oil changes.
- Then, add crushed camphor tablet or oil and apply it evenly from the roots to the ends.
- To achieve the desired results, it is recommended to leave the product on your scalp for at least from 30 minutes to an hour before rinsing it off.
- Hair Lice Prevention
Using camphor for hair health can help prevent lice infestation. The substance has toxic properties that are effective in eliminating lice and their eggs. One method believed to suffocate lice is by combining camphor oil with coconut oil and applying it to the scalp. A detailed DIY recipe is provided below as this method is effective for addressing lice-related issues.
- Coconut Oil
- Shower cap or Towel
- Warm up some coconut oil and put in 15–20 neem leaves. Keep it at a low boil for a while.
- Let the oil cool to room temperature before adding the camphor tablets.
- Strain and apply to your scalp and hair length.
- To stop the migration of lice, cover your head with a shower hat or a towel.
- After an hour, you can wash it out and comb your hair.
- As an alternative to neem leaves, neem oil can be added to camphor-infused coconut oil.
- Helps Heal Infected Scalp
Camphor for hair has several beneficial properties, including being antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal. Therefore, applying it on the scalp ensures no more bacterial or fungal diseases on the scalp. Applying camphor oil to the scalp can be beneficial in treating scalp ringworm and reducing red bumps along the hairline.
- Warm some coconut oil and add in one or two camphor tablets.
- For a hair mask, combine camphor-infused coconut oil with the powders of haritaki and cedar.
- Apply to the affected parts of your scalp and rinse after 30 minutes.
- It is recommended to use this regularly until the condition improves.
- Helps Control Dandruff
Camphor is a substance that possesses antibacterial properties, which means it can help fight against bacteria. Additionally, it has natural pain-relieving properties, making it useful for alleviating pain. Moreover, camphor for hair contains soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation and provide a calming effect. Applying camphor to the scalp can help alleviate dandruff and reduce flakiness.
- To prepare reetha, soak it overnight and then boil it until it starts to froth.
- Mix in the gandhak and camphor, then set the mixture aside to cool.
- For relief from your dandruff, strain and use this all-natural shampoo.
Camphor for hair care is an incredible natural compound that offers numerous benefits for hair growth and more! By involving it in your normal hair care routine, you will be able to nourish your hair and maintain a healthy scalp! Aromahpure is the place to go if you want pure, natural camphor. We proudly offer all-natural camphor for conditioning your hair, completely free from any harmful chemicals!
You May Also Like:-